IPA phonetic transcription translators as REST API
The API service is more expensive. You will also need a professional developer, since the results are shown in JSON format (see example below).
You may have tested our IPA phonetic translators and like the results. We made them copy-paste friendly, but let's face it – if you want to copy the phonetic transcription into another software, it can be very tedious and time-consuming.
Sometimes people need to obtain phonetic transcription of a text automatically. For example, you have a language learning website or an app. And you want to add an option that would show the phonetic transcription of the words, so the user would know how to pronounce them correctly.
That's when API version of our phonetic translators comes in handy. It allows you to automatically process text and obtain its phonetic transcription in JSON format. Something like this (actual output in all browsers):
Please click the buttons below to see the output in human-readable format (as viewed from Mozilla Firefox):
You read our book!
Vous lisez un livre.
Du liest ein Buch.
Leggi un libro.
Você lê um livro.
Вы читаете книгу.
Tu lees un libro.
The API requires a monthly subscription. The price is decided on an individual basis. It will depend on:
- which phonetic translator you need (English, French and Japanese are more expensive),
- number of daily queries,
- maximum length of each query,
- whether you need pronunciation variants and homographs (if available),
- how exactly you plan to use the phonetic transcription (app, website, scientific research).
The API service includes all the settings from the online converters that control the phonetic transcription output. If a converter has dialects, you will get access to all the dialects without paying extra. The API service does not include:
- word frequency data,
- translation to another language,
- transcription display options (you decide yourself how you want to display the transcription),
- options from "choose what you will see when you click the word".
When you fill the form below, please provide as much detail as possible, so that we could find the best solution for your project.