There are several updates in the Chinese pinyin translator. The most important update concerns the translation of Chinese numbers. Now you have several options:
- do not translate Chinese numbers, example: "101" will remain "101",
- translate the numbers into Chinese characters, hanzi, for that I used the Chinese number conversion module from this site, example: "101" will be translated into "一百零一", at the same time you will see its phonetic transcription "yì bǎi líng yī" (pinyin) or "ji4 paɪ̯3 liŋ2 ji1" (International Phonetic Alphabet),
- translate the Chinese numbers one by one, example: "101" will be translated into "yāo-líng-yāo".
The other updates are:
- A special option now allows you to spell Latin letters one by one using pinyin. So, for example, "卡拉OK" will be converted into "kǎlā ōu kèi". I used the information from Wikipedia, which gives pinyin equivalents for each letter of the Latin alphabet.
- Increased speed of the translator.
- An apostrophe is displayed inside multisyllabic words when the syllable starts with "a", "o" or "e", which is the standard for pinyin transcription.
- All Chinese punctuation signs (commas, dots, etc.) are replaced with their equivalents in Western Latin character set.