Paste English text here:
Phonetic transcription of English text (IPA phonetic alphabet):
No English text submitted
Phonetic Transcription of English Words
English phonetics can be very confusing. As you know, there are no strict pronunciation rules in the English language, so if you see an unknown English word, you will not know how to pronounce it. The same English letter, or combination of letters, can be pronounced differently in different words. Moreover, the same English word can be pronounced in different ways by native English speakers from different countries, or even from the same country! That makes the English language hard to learn and understand. But we are not afraid of difficulties, are we?
This free online converter allows you to convert English text to phonetic transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols. It gives the phonetic transcription according to the rules of Standard American English (General American) pronunciation.
This tool will serve you as an English pronunciation guide and save you a lot of time. You will no longer need to look up the pronunciation of a word in a dictionary. If you use the phonetic transcription regularly in combination with English audio and video recordings, you will be able to improve your pronunciation and listening skills in the English language.
Maximum allowed text length:
- for unregistered users – 700 characters,
- for registered users – 7,000 characters.
Note: For the correct display of the phonetic transcription symbols, make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and choose the right encoding for this page – Unicode (UTF-8). This converter is only available online and cannot be downloaded to your computer.
English Phonetics – Online Resources
- English phonetic subtitles converter
- Phonetics and pronunciation glossary
- English dictionaries with pronunciation online – Project Modelino
- English language – Wikipedia
- English alphabet – Wikipedia
- English phonology – Wikipedia
- Standard American English (General American) – Wikipedia
Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
HTML link code
<a href="http://easypronunciation.com/en/english-phonetic-transcription-converter">English Phonetic Transcription. English Phonetics Online.</a>
Link code for phpBB forums
[url=http://easypronunciation.com/en/english-phonetic-transcription-converter]Online English Phonetic Transcription Converter[/url]
Link code for Wikipedia
* [http://easypronunciation.com/en/english-phonetic-transcription-converter Online English Phonetic Transcription Converter]—Free Online Tool to convert English Text to IPA Phonetic Transcription