Paste French text here:
Phonetic transcription of French text (IPA phonetic alphabet):
Submit French text to see its phonetic transcription!
Phonetic Transcription of French Words
French phonetics can be quite confusing for people who are starting to learn French. Think about it – one French letter can be pronounced in two or three different ways and three to four letters can be pronounced as one sound! The pronunciation rules in the French language are extremely complex and contain a lot of exceptions.
This free online converter allows you to convert French text to phonetic transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols. This tool will serve you as a French pronunciation guide. If you use the phonetic transcription regularly in combination with French audio and video recordings, you will be able to improve your pronunciation and listening skills in the French language.
During the development of this converter, I used information from the online resources listed below and other sources.
A special option allows you to highlight high frequency French words. The words from different frequency intervals will be highlighted in the following colors:
If you want to make the frequency analysis of your text and obtain the detailed statistics, please use French word frequency counter.
Maximum allowed text length:
- for unregistered users – 700 characters,
- for registered users – 7,000 characters.
Note: For the correct display of the phonetic transcription symbols, make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and choose the right encoding for this page – Unicode (UTF-8). This converter is only available online and cannot be downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
French Phonetics – Online Resources
- Phonetics and pronunciation glossary
- IPA Chart for French: vowels and consonants
- French Phonetic Subtitle Converter
- French dictionaries online – Project Modelino
- French dictionaries Dicollecte
- French alphabet – Wikipedia
- French phonology – Wikipedia
Updates related to this phonetic converter
Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
HTML link code
<a href="http://easypronunciation.com/en/french-phonetic-transcription-converter">Phonetic Transcription of French Words. Online Converter.</a>
Link code for phpBB forums
[url=http://easypronunciation.com/en/french-phonetic-transcription-converter]Online French Phonetic Transcription Converter[/url]
Link code for Wikipedia
* [http://easypronunciation.com/en/french-phonetic-transcription-converter Online French Phonetic Transcription Converter]—Free Online Tool to convert French Text to IPA Phonetic Transcription