Last month, we created detailed tutorials that explain how to use our IPA phonetic translators.
Most of the tutorials include the following sections:
- Introduction explains how the translator works. If it uses a database (dictionary), how many words are included in the database.
- Number of audio recordings – in case we recorded the native speakers of this language.
- Multiple pronunciations of words. This section is included if the language has homographs and/or pronunciation variants.
- Premium features: high-quality computer-generated audio and automatic translation
- Built-in dictionary – in case if the converter has a built-in dictionary.
- Create your own custom word lists
- Broad and narrow transcription
- Case-sensitive converter – for languages where spelling the words with upper- or lowercase letters may effect the pronunciation.
- How to use the setting “Edit transcription”
- How to use the setting “Hide transcription”
- Highlighting of high-frequency words
- Learning the given language as second language